groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdm...@proxerd.pl>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]About creating open collective for Groovy programming language in the name of Groovy Community
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 21:01:32 GMT
Great initiative, Daniel, thanks.

I know of at least one situation where a company wanted to contribute to
Groovy development in a monetary way but it was somewhat unclear of how to
actually implement it and it fell through the cracks. Having something like
the collective you're proposing would definitely make it easier and would
not require a company to sponsor a specific contributor. It would allow
multiple companies to put money into a pot which could then be used by
contributors who have the capacity and whenever their personal
circumstances allow them to work on development of the language.

Marcin