groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: About refining regex literal syntax
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 15:32:42 GMT

Am 22.10.2018 um 22:34 schrieb Guillaume Laforge:
> Damn, MG will tell me again I'm reacting negatively to Daniel's ideas
> but... :-)

No, no - it's not a knee jerk reaction. In this case I see both points,
and am torn on what I would prefer...

(Generally speaking, while having a "regex string literal syntax" in
Groovy is great and I use it quite a bit, I always thought that using
the slash delmiter for this was alas not a good choice, so if breaking
changes are on the table, I would consider fading out slashy strings in
favor of a different syntax. I am also high on Jochen's suggestion to
streamline/unify the different string syntax varieties in Groovy...)

Cheers,
mg