groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel.Sun" <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About the enhanced version of `Properties`, i.e. `GProperties`
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2018 04:22:51 GMT
Hi Thibault,

    Thanks for reviewing the new minor feature for 3.0.0.

    As 3.0.0 is alpha now, we can collect feedback from groovy users
and refine it all the time before 3.0.0 is released. I will consider your
suggestions carefully.

    Actually groovy provides many re-invented wheels, e.g. many
features(e.g. DGMs, groovy-sql, etc.) can be replaced by similar one from
3rd-party libraries, but groovy still re-invented them and provides them in
a groovy way. To sum up, re-inventing wheels is not always a bad thing. If
we can re-invent groovy wheels, why not?  ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

-----
Daniel Sun