On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:45 PM Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
I just managed to check John's issues. Some things look a little strange. I'll re-roll the release jars.

Cheers, Paul.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 4:29 AM John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleitner@gmail.com> wrote:
On Linux I am having issues with the convenience binaries. The bin files seem to have CRLF line endings and fail to run.

$ file ./groovy-2.5.2/bin/groovy
./groovy-2.5.2/bin/groovy: a /usr/bin/env sh script, ASCII text executable
$ ./groovy-2.5.2/bin/groovy --version
Groovy Version: 2.5.2 JVM: 1.8.0_181 Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS: Linux

$ file ./groovy-2.5.3/bin/groovy
./groovy-2.5.3/bin/groovy: a /usr/bin/env sh script, ASCII text executable, with CRLF line terminators
$ ./groovy-2.5.3/bin/groovy --version
/usr/bin/env: ‘sh\r’: No such file or directory

I checked and the source release zip has CRLF for the bin files in `src/bin` also.

Anyone else seeing the issue or maybe this is just something off in my environment?

John