groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: About simplifying the switch for runtime groovydoc
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2018 14:05:26 GMT
Yea, sure. But doesn't a new shorthand syntax always have that trait ?-)
And would that not mean that we can never, ever again introduce a
shorthand notation in Groovy for anything, unless it is syntactically
based on an existing/established shorthand notation (which in this case
it kinda is, since it looks like a Javadoc comment - with something
extra. Aka Groovy ;-) ) ?

Learning a language always means learning its syntax. If you encounter
something unexpected, Google is your friend (Not a Google expert, but I
assume "/**@" should be good to find, since it contains no spaces).
Also in this case I think it would not make a lot of difference to the
casual user: He will most likely just assume it is some kind of Javadoc
variety, if he even notices the "@" at the end.

Instead of outright blocking another proposal by Daniel, maybe we can
instead come up with a compromise that everyone can can agree on... ?-)

Cheers,
mg