groovy-dev mailing list archives

From adithyank <adi.k....@gmail.com>
Subject Text / String processing DSL in groovy for String/Text processing (Both Command line usage and script based usage)
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 19:06:52 GMT
As suggested by Jochen Theodorou in  this
<http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/New-DSLs-in-the-groovy-platform-itself-for-more-script-like-use-cases-td5750522.html>

post, I have created this topic for `Text / String processing`
I have always felt that groovy platform itself can have rich set of DSLs
(list given below) so that groovy will be in hands of many non-developers.

Also, the command line String/text processing capabilities can be greatly
enhanced with java/groovy power.

*Use Case 1 : command line usage*Simple input processing can be done in the
command line itself*Use Case 2 :  DSL Script for more complex line
processing functionalities (similar to 'awk') with java / groovy power*