groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: High Level DSL for Database Querying
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:39:05 GMT
Hi K,

as I said, your proposal overlaps in some areas with what my framework
does, so I was suggesting you keep the functionality and naming
conventions I listed in my last mail in mind when designing the DSL.
My framework is more geared towards developers, who need to be able to
batch create RDBMS objects, such as e.g.
packages/function/procedures/views for different DB users (e.g. exposing
different columns or using different filter criteria in a select
statement depending on the need-to-know of the appliction behind the DB
user), and who want Intellisense support when writing SQL queries,
working with table/view column collections, etc.

Apart from that, if all you want to supply is a simple DSL over Groovy
Sql which is mostly for non-developers / scripting use (so no
Intellisense I assume), then I personally would suggest you flesh it
out, then ask for some feed back and then go ahead implementing a first
rough version :-)

Cheers,
mg