groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal groovy-bom
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 14:02:50 GMT
Moving from the `dependencies` to `dependencyManagement` block is not
semantically equivalent. In the `dependencies` block you get all the
dependencies transitively, meaning that if you request groovy-all, you'd
get all the individual modules. If it's moved to `<dependencyManagement>`
then you only get _recommendations_ for modules you actually use. That
said, I think having a "groovy-platform" module would be a good idea, as it
would also let Gradle align those modules.