groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move global transforms from META-INF/services to META-INF/groovy
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 12:52:17 GMT
I’d rather keep the files where they are unless they stand in the way for Java9+ integration.

Sent from my primitive Tricorder

> On 1 Sep 2018, at 11:05, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
>
>> On 01.09.2018 03:20, Paul King wrote:
>> I plan to move the default location to look for org.codehaus.groovy.transform.ASTTransformation
from META-INF/services to META-INF/groovy since the class(es) mentioned in that file aren't
service(s) in the normal Java sense.

> basically good to conform with the Java9 understanding of what should be in services
and what not... BUT... if we think about Java9 modules then this might not be good enough
I am afraid. If we really want a library X in a different module than Groovy itself, then
X cannot expose transformation information files by putting them in META-INF/groovy. We will
not have access to that. Instead we have to go the full SPI approach here