groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Move global transforms from META-INF/services to META-INF/groovy
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 09:05:38 GMT
On 01.09.2018 03:20, Paul King wrote:

> I plan to move the default location to look for
> org.codehaus.groovy.transform.ASTTransformation from META-INF/services
> to META-INF/groovy since the class(es) mentioned in that file aren't
> service(s) in the normal Java sense.

basically good to conform with the Java9 understanding of what should be
in services and what not... BUT... if we think about Java9 modules then
this might not be good enough I am afraid. If we really want a library X
in a different module than Groovy itself, then X cannot expose
transformation information files by putting them in META-INF/groovy. We
will not have access to that. Instead we have to go the full SPI
approach here

bye Jochen