groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel.Sun" <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About type inference of method return value
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 12:02:46 GMT
I just propose the smarter type inference for methods, which was in my TODO
list.

> We explicitly chose not to be too smart here, because it can be confusing
> to users.

OK. Recently I am developing a project based on Groovy.  Writing code with
"dynamic" mind and compile code in "static" way. So I don't care why STC
passes but just care why STC doesn't work and try to fix compilation errors,
some of which impress me that Groovy is not smart enough.
So I don't understand why smarter type inference will confuse users.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun