This is a good example of a feature that can be experimented with as an external AST transformation, there's no need to add it to core just yet.

Advantages of such approach:
 - faster development/release cycle.
 - can target specific Groovy version to begin with.
 - may break compatibility until feature works as expected.

Adding this feature to core in an early stage (conception) is too early IMHO.

Remember that @TailCall started life as an external AST xform, it was added to core when it became mature enough :-)

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.