groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject [DRAFT] Proposed board report for August 2018
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 10:03:42 GMT
I haven't heard from Guillaume and our report is due today.
I don't have the latest download numbers but here is all the rest of the
info.

Please let me know if you have anything to add.

Cheers, Paul.
P.S. Guillaume, please feel free to send or I while first thing my tomorrow.

============

Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the Java platform.
Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-
typing and static compilation capabilities, aimed at multiplying developers’
productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax. It
integrates smoothly with any Java program, and immediately delivers to your
application powerful features, including scripting capabilities, Domain-
Specific Language authoring, first class functional programming support
and runtime and compile-time meta-programming.

## Issues:

There are no new issues requiring board attention at this time.
Outstanding issues:
 - The final steps to completing the website migration are still
outstanding.

## Activity:

 - This quarter, 257 commits were contributed from 22 contributors
including 12 non-committer contributors (12 new).

## Health report:

 - Committee Health score: 10.00 (Super Healthy)
 - Our release train velocity has been maintained, and there seems to be a
   healthy level of discussion about project direction on the mailing lists.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 11 PMC members.
 - Andres Almiray was added to the PMC on Thu May 31 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 19 committers.
 - Remko Popma was added as a committer on Sat Jul 07 2018

## Releases:

 - 2.5.0 was released on Wed May 30 2018
 - 2.5.0-rc-3 was released on Tue May 22 2018
 - 2.5.1 was released on Fri Jul 13 2018
 - 2.6.0-alpha-4 was released on Tue Jun 26 2018
 - 3.0.0-alpha-3 was released on Tue Jun 26 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - Slight increase in subscribers over the period otherwise nothing to
report

## JIRA activity: