groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: About the additional resolving phase of compilation
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 22:16:43 GMT
I think that is worth exploring. There was a valid reason but I can't
remember just now.
I'll try to jog my memory from the code/mailing archives.

FYI, I was thinking in fact we might have to go the other way. And repeat
also Canonical.
That way our Java stubs would be much better for joint compilation. We'd
have to
make a whole lot of steps idempotent before that would work though. If we
do it right,
we could skip a lot the second time through - which we might even be able
to improve
for the current repeated phase.

Cheers, Paul.