groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion: ImplicitSafeNavigation annotation
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:31:31 GMT
This is a good example of a feature that can be experimented with as an
external AST transformation, there's no need to add it to core just yet.

Advantages of such approach:
 - faster development/release cycle.
 - can target specific Groovy version to begin with.
 - may break compatibility until feature works as expected.

Adding this feature to core in an early stage (conception) is too early
IMHO.

Remember that @TailCall started life as an external AST xform, it was added
to core when it became mature enough :-)

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat