groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:06:44 GMT
Our announce email has been rejected.

We've had numerous rejections before. Our signature/checksums links didn't
used to show up until the archive server sync'd with the dist server which
sometimes took several hours. I fixed that but we might have further work
to do - not sure - I don't really understand all the comments.

I don't really know what links the moderator is talking about. We don't
have checksums/signatures for the Windows installer files but they aren't
Apache produced artifacts at all - we just provide links to make our users
lives easier. Maybe we need to disclaim those links further or something.
All the other links are just other places you can get convenience binaries
etc. When you go and look inside repo directories instead of on the current
page, it is a little harder to understand how to verify etc. but I don't
see that as any different from any other Apache project. There are no KEYS
files in these directories nor would I expect there to be:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/tomcat-api/7.0.79/
https://archive.apache.org/dist/flink/flink-1.5.1/

The "Big button" has always been there. Our users find it very convenient.
If you hover over it, it tells you the version. I've just added a second
line to it to remind folks about the verification information not far below
it on the page which talks about the KEYS file for all downloads etc.

Anyway, I am about the head off on holidays with family for a week. If
anyone wants to chase this up in the meantime, that would be great,
otherwise I'll look at it when I get back. I don't know who we need to get
in contact with.

Cheers, Paul.