groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2018 20:39:48 GMT
I couldn't get the URL (no login), but I tried the tip of master on Java 9 and 10, and the
console started with both, using ./gradlew console from the repo root.

Both threw a strange syntax error on start:
> Task :groovy-console:console
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/Users/jesper/Hobby/groovy/target/libs/groovy-raw-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)
to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access
operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script15328103085531776841111.groovy: 1: Unexpected input: '"' @ line 1, column 1.
   "
   ^

1 error

        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:311)

but the console worked just fine after that.

-Jesper

> On 28 Jul 2018, at 21.09, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
>

> I don't have access to macOS at the moment. If anyone does and can spare a few moments
to run groovyConsole from the CI server snapshots:

> http://ci.groovy-lang.org/repository/download/Groovy_Jdk8Build_PlusSnapshotDeploy/51518:id/target/distributions/apache-groovy-binary-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
<http://ci.groovy-lang.org/repository/download/Groovy_Jdk8Build_PlusSnapshotDeploy/51518:id/target/distributions/apache-groovy-binary-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip>

> It would be great to see if the quick hack I did for GROOVY-8718 works. It should work
(at least in theory if I have understood the suggested changes correctly) for JDK8, 10 and
11 snapshot releases.