groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: fin
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2018 02:09:58 GMT
Hi 219,

I don't quite get that argument:

 1. People who don't know Groovy also don't know "def", so they ould
    just pick up "fin" at the same time as "def".
 2. They also don't know you can write "final" instead of "def" in
    Groovy (as someone pointed out before, "final" is solely a modifier
    in Java, and cannot be used as a type, as in Groovy).
 3. I don't see any examples usinf "final" now, so all new examples
    could use "fin".

Cheers,
mg