groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8678
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 08:55:15 GMT

Am 04.07.2018 um 05:00 schrieb Moy:
> Hi,
>
> I reported bug metioned in the subject as I was not able to ascertain
> from the web if what I am facing is a consequence of desired intent.
>
> Paul King
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=paulk> suggested to

> check issue with the mailing list. Here I am following the suggestion.
>

> Using groovy shell to execute the following groovy script snippet fails
> at compilation phase when executing the script through java. I am using
> Jre1.7
>
> public  static  void main(String[] args)throws  Exception, IllegalAccessException {Object
 evaluate =new  GroovyShell().evaluate("\"abcd\".length() == .34");System.out.println("result:
"  + evaluate);
> }
>
>   In the above snippet, If I replace*.34* with*0.34* then the script
> execution works as expected.

.34 is no valid decimal in Groovy.

[...]
> Please let me know if this problem will be fixed, if so which release
> and when is the release date.

it is intentional not allowed to use .34. Unless you give a very good
reason for why it should be allowed there will most likely be no fix.

bye Jochen