Thanks for everyone who voted. The vote has passed with 4 +1 PMC votes and one additional +1 vote.

I'll proceed with next steps.

Regards, Paul.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 1:42 PM Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4 release!

As per discussions on the user list, this is the last planned release for the
GROOVY_2_6_X branch. This branch was designed as a cut-back version
of Groovy 3.0 back-ported to run on JDK 7 but with features missing that
required JDK 8. It was intended to help porting towards Groovy 3.0 for
those stuck on JDK 7. This alpha version is the version to use to help
with porting towards 3.0 if you are stuck on JDK 7. Our intention now is
to prioritise moving towards 3.0 faster.

This release includes 65 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:

Tag commit id: 469016288baa219f8c04c6ecc95a082074f31901

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r27680).

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with sha256sum):

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)