The vote has passed with four +1 PMC votes and one additional +1 vote.

I'll proceed with next steps.

Cheers, Paul.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 2:15 PM Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-3 release!
This version is intended to be released at the same time as Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4
and is the recommended next version of Groovy for users of JDK8 and above.

This release includes 40 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:

Tag commit id: f29fde1781c79c14ec6deb21bbf91913bc220c9f

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r27681).

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-3.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with sha256sum):

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-3
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-3 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)