groovy-dev mailing list archives

From josedeoliveiraguimaraes@gmail.com <josedeoliveiraguimar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on AST transformations
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 17:25:46 GMT
Thanks a lot, Paul. That will be very helpful in the second article I am preparing on the Metaobject
Protocol of language Cyan. The first article is available in http://cyan-lang.org/articles/.
By the way, it cites your Groovy book.

One more question: suppose an AST transformation class inserts a method and a field in a class
'HelpMe'. That is made in the SEMANTIC_ANALYSIS phase (maybe another phase, I think it does
not matter). Another class 'Other' accesses the inserted field and call the inserted method
of 'HelpMe'. Annotation @CompileStatic is attached to 'Other'. Assume that the semantic analysis
of 'Other' is made before that of 'HelpMe' (I am assuming there is no pre-defined compilation
order between the source files, then it could be 'HelpMe' before 'Other' but the problem that
follows should not happen in this case). That will cause a compile error because the field
and method will not be found in 'HelpMe'. Is that correct?

Cheers, José