+1 for deprecating the current constant and new name (see note below).

If the new constant wont be used internally then I might suggest no new constant is created. Else if it's created in order to provide an alternate to the deprecated one, would it make sense to provide it via `groovy.lang.GroovySystem` or some other public api class outside of the internal org. package structure?