groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Zajączkowski <msz...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 18:08:41 GMT
On 2018-05-31 17:06, Kerridge, Jon wrote:
> Russel
>
> I have yet to create a version of the library that is compiled for anything other than
groovy-2.4.12 and jdk8.
> The former because in other work I am doing I cannot use any version above groovy2.4.12
due to a bug I found.  JDK 8 because I am lazy and waiting for JDK 11 before doing any further
recompilations in preparation for teaching!!

> With regard your last point putting it onto Maven Central: I have never used that repo,
putting it onto jcenter has taken a lot of effort because I was getting to grips with gradle
and intellij as well.  Send me a hint or a web page that tells me how to do it please!!

Jon, if you chose jcenter intently as the primary repository you can
enable jcenter -> Maven Central (aka The Central Repository)
synchronization without much effort:
https://bintray.com/docs/usermanual/uploads/uploads_syncingwiththirdpartyplatforms.html

Just please ensure you have everything what is needed for Maven Central
in your pom:
https://central.sonatype.org/pages/requirements.html

Marcin

<gpars-developers@googlegroups.com>; dev@groovy.apache.org
> Subject: Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP
>
> On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 10:44 +0000, Kerridge, Jon wrote:
>> The JCSP library (Communicating Sequential Processes for Java) is now
>> available from the jcentre repository as follows:
>>
>> compile 'cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0'
>>
>> The associated Github location is https://github.com/CSPforJAVA/jcsp
>> .
>
> Jon,
>
> This is great news, my hacked org.codehaus.jcsp:jcsp:1.1-rc-5 from
> 2010-08-07 can now be properly forgotten. I'll test out using
> cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0 on a build of GPars 2.0 with Groovy 3 and JDK 10.
>
> I wonder if the JCenter artefact should be copied over to Maven Central?
>
> […]
>
> --
> Russel.
> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk
> This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should
not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended
addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or
show them to anyone. Please respond to the sender and ensure that this message and its attachment(s)
are deleted.

> It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned
for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any
loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions
arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Emails entering Edinburgh Napier
University's system are subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Edinburgh Napier University.