groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject FastStringUtils change
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 06:08:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

I just noticed that for GROOVY-8379 (getting rid of Unsafe usage) I made
this change in master and 2_6_X only. I was planning to push this into
2_5_X. If anyone has objections, let me know.

Details:
FastStringUtils implementations are picked up using the service provider
mechanism and Unsafe usage is pushed into a groovy-json-direct subproject
which isn't included in the groovy-all pom by default. The plan is to get
rid of this altogether in future Groovy versions. Bringing this forward to
2_5_X will allow normal users not to get the warning earlier and allow us
to drop the Unsafe usage earlier since it might not even be possible to use
in some upcoming version of the JDK.

Cheers, Paul.