groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Renumber Groovy 2.6 to 2.9
Date Tue, 22 May 2018 08:25:41 GMT
Re "what's the rationale of supporting Java 7". The whole idea originally
was listening to our users.
They wanted the Parrot parser but were stuck on JDK7 at the time. They
supplied the backporting code
to make it work, But having said that, a lot of time has passed. I am
certainly open to the idea of
reducing our maintenance burden. I guess we should poll the user base in
that case. If for no other
reason to assist in communication. I'll do that once 2.5.0 is GA in about a
week's time hopefully.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 5:51 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com