groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject [DRAFT] Proposed board report for Apache Groovy for May 2018
Date Sun, 06 May 2018 03:05:06 GMT
In case Guillaume delegates the board report to me, I thought I would get in
early and produce a draft in case anyone else has anything to add. It is due
in a few days time.

Guillaume, feel free to send as is or add in more info if you want or
receive
further feedback. It DOESN'T have download numbers in as yet. I jump on a
plane tonight but I can progress further if need be in a couple of days
time.

Cheers, Paul.

//////////////

Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the Java platform.
Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-
typing and static compilation capabilities, aimed at multiplying developers’
productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax. It
integrates smoothly with any Java program, and immediately delivers to your
application powerful features, including scripting capabilities, Domain-
Specific Language authoring, first class functional programming support
and runtime and compile-time meta-programming.

## Issues:

There are no new issues requiring board attention at this time.
Outstanding issues:
 - The final steps to completing the website migration are still
outstanding.
   A new issue has been raised wrt bad formatting on the https version of
the
   site due to the current status, so there will be increased pressure on
us to
   complete this task.
 - The community is still keen on some kind of Groovy Champions scheme.
   We have passed on the information around Apache requirements for such
   a scheme was it to move forward. No further discussions have taken place.

## Activity:

 - This quarter, 349 commits were contributed from 18 contributors
   including 11 non-committer contributors (10 new).

## Health report:

 - Our release train velocity has been maintained, and there seems to be a
   healthy level of discussion about project direction on the mailing lists.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 10 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was John Wagenleitner on Sun Apr 02 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 18 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Sergei Egorov at Thu Dec 08 2016

## Releases:

 - 2.4.14 was released on Fri Mar 02 2018
 - 2.4.15 was released on Tue Mar 27 2018
 - 2.5.0-beta-3 was released on Fri Feb 23 2018
 - 2.5.0-rc-1 was released on Mon Apr 09 2018
 - 2.6.0-alpha-3 was released on Tue Mar 06 2018
 - 3.0.0-alpha-2 was released on Tue Apr 17 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - Slight increase in subscribers over the period otherwise nothing to
report

## JIRA activity: