groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Renumber Groovy 2.6 to 2.9
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 23:28:17 GMT
I don't have strong feelings on it, but I think I'd lean against it since
we've already released artifacts under the 2.6 banner.

   1. It can be confusing when looking in somewhere like Maven Central that
   the already released 2.6 artifacts are in the same line as 2.9 (one might
   conclude without reading this thread that the 2.6 line was abandoned).
   2. If can affect other tooling that's already supporting 2.6, such as
   docker-groovy <https://hub.docker.com/_/groovy/>.  If I'm using 2.6-jdk8
   as a base for my images, I'll have to change to 2.9-jdk8 to continue
   getting the latest base (or I guess I'll have to keep tagging all future
   2.9s also as 2.6 just in case someone was doing that).