groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-3
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 22:58:38 GMT
Potential Java 7 issue:

When I run the grape, groovyDoc, groovyConsole or groovysh command line
tools with environment variable JAVA_HOME set to my JDK-7 installation, I
see two warnings that the extensions and the static extensions for Date
could not be installed.

$ groovyDoc
May 22, 2018 7:52:28 AM
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class
[org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeExtensions]
May 22, 2018 7:52:28 AM
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class
[org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeStaticExtensions]

With groovyConsole I additionally see a warning about preferences:

$ groovyConsole -h
May 22, 2018 7:55:58 AM
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class
[org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeExtensions]
May 22, 2018 7:55:58 AM
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class
[org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeStaticExtensions]
May 22, 2018 7:55:58 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at
root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

Is anyone else also seeing this?

Remko