groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdm...@proxerd.pl>
Subject Re: Troubles with IDEA setup
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 10:48:59 GMT
An even less constructive response - you are very wrong, IMHO. :)

I always use Gradle's idea plugin on my projects because it gives me far
better control on how the IntelliJ project looks like and what it does then
if I "natively imported" it, as Cedric calls it. I find native imports very
selective and constraining, e.g. using Gradle's idea plugin allows me to
easily specify additional source sets which are then recognised as a source
set by IntelliJ and not just a bunch of files in a directory. And I don't
share your view that it got harder over time - it's hardly changed since I
started to use it and in the end it's just a bit of xml generation, how
hard can it be.

I know it's just a build tool and the expectation is that everything should
just work no matter how much people abuse it. But I've learned that by
spending some time to dig deeper and learn Gradle a bit better one can do
themselves a favour. Especially when it comes to having consistent and
working setup of the project in IntelliJ for everybody on the team.

Marcin