groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Support Java-like array
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 21:17:33 GMT
Thank you Jochen and C├ędric for explaining you rationale. It is funny,
because I always thought keeping Groovy as close to Java as possible was
a given. Evidently it is not...

My rational for the feature is "copy and paste Java syntax compatibility
is good to not scare away newcomers" and "after looking at the breaking
changes, I decided that these should be so rare in practice that no one
will care". So the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Btw, Jochen, can you give an example for using this syntax for array
type annotation arguments, which you mentioned a week or so back ?

Cheers,
mg