groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: What the... static compile by default
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 15:12:41 GMT

Am 11.05.2018 um 03:42 schrieb Thibault Kruse:
[...]
> However, the meta-concern by Cedric was not addressed it seems. Why is
> anyone directly working on the master branch of groovy?
> Is there a technical reason for this, rather than using feature
> branches, code reviews, and merge approvals?

working with merge requests is actually tedious in the apache world,
since you cannot simply merge on github. If we want that kind of
workflow we should do this through a gerrit at apache. I don't think we
have a gitlab there.

> Or is it just that nobody would have time to review in a timely
> fashion anyway, so it's either that or zero progress?

no in a timely fashion imho, especially if the merge request is
something complicated.

bye Jochen