groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 2.5 CliBuilder article (request for feedback)
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 23:43:52 GMT
Paul,

I’ll change “annotating properties” to “annotating fields”.

About “getter methods for interfaces” and “setter methods for implementation classes”,
I need to think about this some more but the distinction is important.

The annotations can be a bit “magic” for users who don’t know the details of what happens
under the hood.

Without clear documentation users may try to use the annotations on the “getter” method
of an implementation class.

I’ll try to improve the wording but the analogy with JavaBeans is actually helpful rather
than confusing, I think. Why do you think this analogy should be avoided?

Remko

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info

> On May 29, 2018, at 4:11, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
>
> Looks great!
>
> Two minor points (and they are possibly flaws that also exist in the Groovy doco - I
haven't checked):
> * I wouldn't use the term "getter methods of an interface", I'd just use "methods of
an interface". To avoid confusion with getter methods of JavaBean style classes.