groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel.Sun" <sun...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Support Java-like array
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 01:38:34 GMT
Dear development community,

     In order to improve Groovy's compatibility with Java(Copy & Paste) and
make Groovy more friendly to Java developers[1], I propose to support
Java-like array[2][3] and start the VOTE thread for supporting Java-like
array.

     Please vote on supporting Java-like array since Apache Groovy 3.0.0.

     Here are the poll results from twitter and user mailing list for your
reference:

Sum up the poll results
24 votes in total(including my +1)
15 +1 (62.5%)
9     0 (37.5%)
0    -1 (  0.0%)

Twitter[4]
19 votes in total(not including my +1)
58% +1,
42%   0,
 0%   -1

User mailing list(
http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Poll-About-supporting-Java-like-array-tt5749923.html
)
4 votes in total(not including my +1)
3  +1,
1    0,
0   -1

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Support Java-like array
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not support Java-like array because...

Here is my vote:

+1

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun