groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: What the... static compile by default
Date Sat, 12 May 2018 11:34:23 GMT
On 11.05.2018 17:32, Mario Garcia wrote:
[...]
> I think merge requests are essential. I'm reading Jochen is saying that
> this is not very straight forward with Github. Could anyone please
> explain why ? Knowing the pains may help finding the solution.

I think this here describes it quite good:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/How+to+accept+a+GitHub+Pull+Request

Not very straight forward... well you can barely beat a "press button
and done", can you?

For me the pain stems mostly from git itself. If I have changes to
Groovy (and I always have) I have to stash them/switch the branch,
checkout the PR, merge it (do not forget the special merge message you
have to take care of) and then not forget to go back to my old code.
That is the bare minimum and requires me to do this from a computer
where things are setup properly already. If I have a bad connection for
example (at conferences or when mobile), this often fails. And just how
easy is it to get the number wrong...

bye Jochen