groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: About joining Truffle ecosystem
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2018 20:42:29 GMT
On 18.04.2018 05:17, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        As far as I remember, Jochen had talked about Graal[1] in the dev
> list. Recently I find Python, Ruby, R have joined Truffle[2] ecosystem(See
> [3], [4], [5]). So I propose Groovy joins Truffle ecosystem too to leverage
> the power of GraalVM.
>
>        I created a "graal" branch[7] to experiment with just now. We can
> study how "Graal.Python"[3] implements, its parser is based on antlr4 too.
> SimpleLanguage[6] may be better to get started with :-)
>
>        Any thoughts?

my main issue always have been the license, I know about Graal since
2008 or 2009 already and it came a long way since then, but I was never
keen on including GPL software in Groovy. And while it is now UPL
sometimes and GPL with exception in other cases I still see here mainly
the GPL and this https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

bye Jochen