groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GROOVY-8527: Enhance import aliasing to an alias with a package name
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:55:50 GMT
See Paul's description in the JIRA issue for the motivation:

"My use case is around JDK9+ modules. We might move the package for, e.g.
groovy.util.XmlSlurper to something like groovy.xml.parsers.XmlSlurper (or
whatever) but we might like to retain (perhaps with a commandline switch)
the ability to compile source code still using the old package name."

At first, I had the same reaction, as I didn't want to have to type new
foo.bar.Baz() instead of new AliasedBaz(), but perhaps it's useful somehow
for our split packages trouble.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge