groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Kerridge, Jon" <J.Kerri...@napier.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Compiler bug
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 17:01:08 GMT
Hi,

I have now gone through the other 'patch' releases of 2.4 and discovered that The error appeared
in 2.4.13.  In other words up to 2.4.12 the code I provided yesterday worked and from then
on it has failed to compile always producing the error I first reported on the same line of
code.

Hope the helps in locating the problem.

Jon

Professor Jon Kerridge
School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University
Merchiston Campus
Edinburgh EH10 5DT

0131 455 2777
j.kerridge@napier.ac.uk<mailto:j.kerridge@napier.ac.uk>
http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/~cs10/

________________________________
From: Kerridge, Jon
Sent: 15 April 2018 16:55:13
To: dev@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiler bug

Hi,

I have run the tests again several times (at least 3).

I alternated between compiling with Groovy.2.4.10 and Groovy2.4.15

With 2.4.10 the module compiled without fail and the code highlighted before worked as expected.

With 2.4.15 the module produced the same error as first reported and that included following
mg's advice and doing several 'build's of the module but it failed every time in the same
way.

I guess the thing to do is download the intermediate version to find out where there was a
change 2.4.n and 2.4.n+1 to see where the change of version causes a problem.

I will now start that exercise.