groovy-dev mailing list archives

From <eric.mil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: GROOVY-8527: Enhance import aliasing to an alias with a package name
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 19:38:19 GMT
>> [...]I have submitted over 20 bugs in
>> the past months for existing features that do not mix well with
>> eachother or are not completely implemented and yet I feel the core
>> development thrust is not in fixing bugs for existing features but in
>> adding new features for the sake of new features.
>
> not many are eager to spend their spare time after working hours on fixing complicated
bugs and going through the whole process and discussions.

If the incentive for fixing bugs was enticing enough, wouldn't there be eager developers?
 What then is the point of adding new features onto an unhealthy, under-supported language?
 If this is truly the state of the union, then I would vote NO on all new feature development.