groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Compiler bug
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:52:11 GMT
To be clear: You have to repeatedly execute "build" - not "rebuild".
While it might seem logical that, if anything, "rebuild" fixes the
problem, for my that was never the case: "rebuild" just took a long
time, then failed with the same error.
In my case, the problem always stays away for some time once the build
works again.

I would try my suggestion first, since it will take no more than the
time it takes for you to try to build your project several times. On the
ther hand, if you have run into the same indeterministic problem, you
will not be able to "find the point at which the code worked" - or, to
be more precise, you will only think that you have found it, but it
might just have worked by accident. In the beginning I did also not
believe that the problem was indeterministic, since I kept changing
thing until the build "worked again" - until I finally realized, that
just clicking "build" several times in a row actually could make the
build work (Note: My build does not have any steps outside of Groovy
compilation over multiple modules).

mg