groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-3
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:48:13 GMT
+1 (binding) with comments/caveats below.

Cheers, Paul.
----

Checked signatures and checksums

Checked building from source with the following tasks:
install installGroovy dist testAll
with one test failure[*]

Rat[**] found one 3-line test file without a header:
subprojects/parser-antlr4/src/test/resources/core/LocalVariableDeclaration_02x.groovy

I did some preliminary testing of native lambdas using this test example:
```
@ groovy.transform.CompileStatic
def method() {
//    [1, 2, 3].collect(e -> e.plus 1)            // Ex1: JDK 7 & 8
    [1, 2, 3].stream().map(e -> e + 1).toList() // Ex2: JDK 8
}
println method()
```
The examples above worked fine and appeared to produce the correct bytecode.
However, when using "e.plus 1" in my Ex2, I got:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.lang.Number.plus(Ljava/lang/Number;)Ljava/lang/Number;
I wasn't sure if this was expected or not. I am unsure whether this is
expected behavior but even
if not, I don't see this as necessarily important enough to hold up an
alpha release.
Numerous examples do work as I expected and we'll get much more feedback
with the release out.

* MemoizeAtMostTest#testMemoizeAtMostConcurrently failed which, although
possibly deserves
  further investigation, has been fixed since the release was cut with a
change in the test which
  would have passed. It doesn't impact prod code so I believe shouldn't
hold up the release.

** Our quality build skips the parser-antlr4 directory when checking since
it isn't a real project.
    We should fix this but it can wait until after this release.