groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 07:04:43 GMT
Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.15 release! This is
mainly to fix a regression in calling static methods in interfaces. We were
trying to improve the JDK9 experience but on the 2.4 branch it caused
existing functionality to be impacted even on JDK8.

This release includes 6 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12342853

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_4_15
Tag commit id: 067f3d3f3ec660ceb86f6bf0ce38c4dfcef5c11c

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r25897).
Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.15/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.15/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.15.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.15 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)