groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Java 8 Date/Time API Extensions Methods [GROOVY-8334]
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 02:48:19 GMT
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 2:19 AM, Joe Wolf <joewolf@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] Glad there was consensus on the strict upper bound view for
> upto/downto. [...]

Being at the conference the last week, I didn't get time to look at that
properly. It worries me that we'd have a different semantics for
upto/downto compared to other classes but I can see the need for the
proposed functionality.
I was thinking that we might need to make the same kind of distinction that
we do for Range, e.g. inclusive vs exclusive or that Java does in the
Streams api, open/closed. But I'll play a little more and propose something
more concrete.