groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Aarjav Patel <aar...@semandex.net>
Subject Re: About supporting `var` of Java10+
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 19:46:39 GMT
Hi all,

I do not know all of the intricacies in the difference between current
groovy def and the proposed java var. However as a groovy 'user' coming
from a Javan background, I would like or expect var in groovy to be
treated/behave the same way as in java. def then would be an 'enhanced'
version of var which works better (?) with other language features. This
way there are less surprises when using var.

Unfortunately I have not looked at 2.5+ regarding lambdas. Are they just
another way to denote a closure? Just wondering how it was handled so that
maybe it can give us similar options for var/def.

Thanks,

- Aarjav