groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: next generation CliBuilder?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:13:23 GMT
On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 02:26 +0900, Remko Popma wrote:
> Would there be any interest in a next generation CliBuilder that is
> based on [picocli][1] instead of commons-cli?

Personally I am all for a new CLI system for Groovy.  There are though
many different CLI frameworks already out there, many have previously
been discussed in various threads on this list. Indeed I think there
has been some work, but none that got absorbed into the standard Groovy
distribution.

So the question for me is not how to replace commons-cli just what to
do. So the question for me is what distinguishes picocli from all the
other options.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200