groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditomm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java raw string literals
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2018 12:06:08 GMT
I may agree that double back-tick is not nice, however the rationale of
this choice is that this syntax is meant to enable *raw* string literals
i.e. a string for which is not required to escape the content of *any*
character. In this context it makes sense. They are created exactly how
they are typed.

I have a few of use cases in which this would be very useful (think bash
scripts that can contain slashes, bash-slashes, dollar chars, back-ticks,
etc).