groovy-dev mailing list archives

From David Ekholm <da...@jalbum.net>
Subject Remembering imports between script invocations
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:11:41 GMT
We're considering supporting Groovy as an additional scripting language to our web gallery
software jAlbum (http://jalbum.net <http://jalbum.net/>), but one aspect bugs me: It
doesn't seem like import statements are remembered between script invocations. This makes
it far harder to use Groovy to prototype UIs within jAlbum's scripting console than for instance
BeanShell (using the javax.script API). We currently support the slow BeanShell scripting
language and JavaScript. BeanShell behaves well in this regard, remembering earlier imported
packages between script invocations. Can this be added to Groovy or is there some API flag
we can set?

Regards
/David, jAlbum founder and client lead developer.