groovy-dev mailing list archives

From <eric.mil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: Remembering imports between script invocations
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:34:21 GMT
You can add all the imports you want to your compiler configuration and they will be consistently
available for all scripts.

From: David Ekholm [mailto:david@jalbum.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 2:12 PM
To: dev@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Remembering imports between script invocations

We're considering supporting Groovy as an additional scripting language to our web gallery
software jAlbum (http://jalbum.net<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jalbum.net&d=DwMFAg&c=4ZIZThykDLcoWk-GVjSLmy8-1Cr1I4FWIvbLFebwKgY&r=tPJuIuL_GkTEazjQW7vvl7mNWVGXn3yJD5LGBHYYHww&m=39n_uU4e7-n_s_WwrNC_8tQYLfhWKgmT_dDWwJw8ctA&s=jGwsu2zf5Pm3kG3GKLFFxalyi30aoXq_-izsMrEy_iQ&e=>),
but one aspect bugs me: It doesn't seem like import statements are remembered between script
invocations. This makes it far harder to use Groovy to prototype UIs within jAlbum's scripting
console than for instance BeanShell (using the javax.script API). We currently support the
slow BeanShell scripting language and JavaScript. BeanShell behaves well in this regard, remembering
earlier imported packages between script invocations. Can this be added to Groovy or is there
some API flag we can set?

Regards
/David, jAlbum founder and client lead developer.