groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Loading groovy as a Jigsaw auto-module
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:49:03 GMT

Am 14.02.2018 um 03:34 schrieb Paul King:
> Any objections if I look into moving the Extensions file from
> META-INF/services to META-INF/groovy (with a fallback to the current
> one). But not for 2.4.x.

in the meantime I know that META-INF/services has been reserved for the
normal purposes and everything else is indeed not valid. You can find
this in some javadoc comment on some class... somewhere. I can look for
it again if you want to (of course that is java9+ only)

I still think a groovy library as module will not be able to expose its
extension methods this way, which means we will most probably not even
be able to keep the file and will have to move to a SPI structure... but
moving to META-INF/groovy is probably a good first step

bye Jochen