groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Making @Immutable a meta-annotation
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:11:35 GMT
Hi Paul,

now I get where you are coming from with @KnownImmutable. I agree with
splitting the two concepts: Flexible & elegant :-)

Transferring the parameter name knownImmutables (which exists inside the
@Immutable context) to the annotation name KnownImmutable (which has no
such context) still does not work for me, though.
In addition having @Immutable = @KnownImmutable + @ImmutableBase
violates the definition you give for @KnownImmutable, because either the
class is "known to be immutable" = "immutable by implementation by the
developer", or it becomes immutable through @ImmutableBase & Groovy...

What do you think about:
@IsImmutable
@ImmutableContract
@GuaranteedImmutable
instead
?

Thinking about this some more, still don't like @ImmutableBase. Sounds
too much like a base class to me - and what would be the "base"
functionality of being immutable ? Something either is immutable, or not
(@ImmutableCore also fails in this regard ;-) ).
So still would prefer @ImmutableOnly o.s. ...

Cheers,
mg